TOOLS TO HELP YOU IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS
We offer a number of tools to help you run your business.
- State Law Database (SLD): An online database of wholesaler-relevant laws in all fifty states and Washington, DC
- SipSource: The only source for aggregated and trended distributor depletion data.
- Group purchasing discounts through Distributor Solutions, Inc. (DSI) on warehouse items (from floor sweepers and forklifts to loading dock equipment, etc.), transportation needs, print shop supplies, insurance, cellular services, and much more.
- NEW: Cybersecurity Resource Center: Providing pertinent resources, articles, and other practical information on cybersecurity, threats, and privacy.
TOOLS TO ADVOCATE FOR THE WHOLESALER
We represent wholesalers before both federal and state legislators and regulators. Many officials do not have a clear understanding or appreciation of what you do so we work on your behalf so they know the important value you bring to the marketplace. We provide members with:
- A weekly state legislative report that outlines active legislation moving in every state and highlights trends we are seeing.
- Economic data, videos, one-pagers, and other resources to explain who you are, the impact you make and the value you provide.
- President and CEO's "Weekly Buzz" email, providing an overview of federal and state government affairs efforts, litigation updates, member offerings, noteworthy media hits, and more.
- Invitation to participate in WSWA’s FORUM on the Hill to speak directly with lawmakers, attend briefings and share the industry’s position on how federal policies impact your businesses.
- Opportunity for WSWA to coordinate a scheduled tour of your local warehouse with legislators in your district, enabling them to see wholesaler operations firsthand and learn why wholesalers are so valuable.
- Opportunity to engage with WSWA-PAC which supports pro-wholesaler candidates across the country.
- Opportunity to join WSWA’s grassroots advocacy network, Project Twenty-One: An Alcohol Industry Alliance- a grassroots advocacy network to amplify wholesaler employee voices as a force multiplier across the country. Project 21 is on a mission to bring the 21st Amendment into the 21st Century and take action on issues impacting the wholesaler at the state, local and federal level.
- Access to FOCUS: A state legislative and regulatory tracking database of bills impacting wholesalers and weekly written reports authored by state tracking experts for members to utilize with complimentary access and training.
TOOLS TO HELP DEVELOP EMPLOYEES
Opportunities to engage with industry peers at every level of business development.
- WSWA Member-led Councils and member-appointed task forces for the exchange of knowledge, ideas and to problem solve the pain points that businesses face:
- E-Commerce Council
- Brokers Council
- Operations & IT Council
- Federal Affairs Council
- State Affairs Council
- Communications Council
- Talent Development & Diversity Council
- Council for Leadership Development
- Women’s Leadership Council
- Cannabis Task Force
- Drizly Task Force
- Legal Strategy Task Force
- SipSource Task Force
- WSWA Virtual Programming Series:
- “WSWA Presents” builds programming around timely topics in the wine and spirits industry by positively branding WSWA and its’ members by bringing thought leadership to all tiers of our industry.
- “Chairman’s Spotlight” Series provides the platform to present updates about threats, challenges, and opportunities to distributors, by providing compelling programming and thought leadership from the highest level of wholesale decision-makers.
- “WSWA Access Craft Wine & Spirits” seeks to provide expert guidance, resources, and best practices to small production wine & spirits brands as they navigate industry challenges and opportunities by providing influential and unique virtual education.
- “Leadership Development Series” provides premier executive education that elevates and empowers the current and next generation of our industry’s leaders, executives, and members.
- WSWA's Women's Leadership Council mentorship program for women wholesalers.
- NEW: WSWA Talent Resource Center: Aggregation of resources, articles and other practical information related to talent acquisition, development, and retention, as well as diversity, equity and inclusion.
- WSWA Daily News Clips: Join 10,000+ wine and spirits professionals and subscribe to WSWA's Daily News Clips emails for the latest industry news.
TOOLS TO CONNECT WITH BRANDS & SUPPLIERS
Opportunities to strengthen your relationship with supplier partners.
- WSWA Access Craft Wine & Spirits Advisory Council: brings wholesaler business development experts with supplier brand builders to develop best practices for a route to market guide and dispel the myth of wholesalers only working with large brands.
- WSWA’s Distribution Playbook: The playbook is a comprehensive, one-of-a-kind look into successful craft brands with trade insight and information from owners and operators. Throughout the playbook, members of the WSWA Access Craft Wine & Spirits Advisory Council and industry experts share best practices and tips that are leading to impressive growth both on- and off-premise.
- NEW: WSWA Industry Experience Event: To be held in September 2022 with a grand tasting, Brand Battle tournament, and business intelligence content. Stay tuned for more information!
EXPAND YOUR NETWORK THROUGH EXECUTIVE TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Opportunities to build relationships with your peers - discussing common challenges and sharing best practices. Our number one priority is the health and wellbeing of our members and event attendees. We look forward to seeing everyone in person as soon as it is safe to do so!
- WSWA’s Industry Experience Event: To be held in September 2022, providing the only U.S. event linking wholesalers, importers and exporters with suppliers and service providers in the industry.
- Council for Leadership Development (CLD): The Leadership Skills Conference is an annual executive training program for the next generation of wholesaler member industry leaders.
- Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) Conference: An annual program connects current and future women leaders in the wholesale tier with an opportunity to further educate, inspire and equip WSWA wholesaler members to expand their role in the industry.
- The WSWA Forum: The governance meeting where members determine next year’s agenda and provide direction on legislative, legal, and regulatory matters while providing the opportunity to network with fellow wholesalers, state association executives, connect with membership peers during Council and Task Force meetings and a host of interesting speakers.