Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA) members have long worked to support local and state laws designed to keep alcohol out of the hands of underage drinkers and establish strict accountability.
WSWA’s social responsibility legislative principles include working to support and pass legislation at the state and local level achieve the following objectives:
- Establish strong penalties for adults who knowingly allow minors to consume alcohol on their property;
- Establish stiff penalties for adults who knowingly provide alcohol to minors;
- Establish strong penalties for the illegal possession of alcohol by minors;
- Establish strong penalties for the manufacturing, distribution or use of a false identification card;
- Incentivize the use of ID card scanners by retail outlets.